Facilities Price Contract Advantages
- KPC price contracts have specified products and performance, and obtained standing bids and regulatory approvals so members can save time in implementing construction contracts.
- Awarded facility price contract vendors have been screened for performance, reducing risks of securing unqualified contractors.
- Standard architectural services may be reduced because products have been specified and bid in advance.
- KPC is available to assist local administrators and school boards as well as your architect and engineer as you navigate the process.
Delivery of KPC price contracts is simple and straightforward process:
- Contact KPC or any of our awarded price contract holders to initiate a project.
- Awarded vendors will utilize price contract bid unit prices to prepare a proposal for your project.
- If you choose to proceed, you will secure required architectural and engineering services in accordance with the Model Procurement Code. (The vendor will provide shop drawings to cover specific project requirements.)
- Submit the following documentation to the District Facilities Branch of the Kentucky Department of Education, Division of District Support as appropriate:
- Completed and notarized Affidavit attesting that the cooperative purchasing agreement was developed in accordance with the provisions of the Kentucky Model Procurement Code (available under each vendor's listing on this site).
- Copy of the cooperative purchasing agreement that includes the pre-established unit prices that the proposal is based upon (available under each vendor's listing on this site).
- Board approved BG-1 indicating use of the KPC price contract for construction costs.
- Completed Owner-Contractor Agreement written on the KDE version of AIA Document A101-2007
- Completed General Conditions of Contract written on the KDE version of AIA Document A201-2007.
- Certificates of insurance in accordance with the provisions of the “General Conditions” of the KDE Version of AIA Document A201-2007.
- If the work exceeds $25,000, the contractor will need to provide a Performance and Payment Bond in accordance with the KDE Version of AIA Document A312-2010.
- All change orders for review and/or approval.
- Upon completion of the work, a board-approved BG-4 to formally close out the contract.
Projects implemented under a KPC price contract are subject to the same prevailing wage rate, tax requirements, etc. as any other school construction or renovation project.
KPC is available to assist local administrators and school boards as well as your architect and engineer as you navigate this process.
KPC also provides basic school facility services to member customers for no charge. Basic services include a virtual (by phone or e-mail) Help Desk for all facilities matters including but not limited to assistance with the following:
- Long range capital planning including assistance with 702 KAR 4:180 the Kentucky School Facilities Planning Manual.
- School capital construction processes per 702 KAR 4:160.
- Site acquisition per 702 KAR 4:050.
- Legal resources and requirements regarding school facilities.
- Facilities best practices and resources.
- Energy conservation, management and programs.
- KPC Price contract delivery methods for fixed facility equipment
- Capital Construction Finance including use of restricted funds; Capital outlay (KRS 157.420), FSPK Building Fund (KRS 157.440), SFCC funds (KRS 157.611).
- School planning per 702 KAR 4:170 Architectural criteria for schools.
- Property disposal, leases and easements per 702 KAR 4:090.
- Facilities procurement per KRS 45A and KRS 162.070.
- School safety matters.